Amber fort was built with red sandstone and white sandstone. The fort still stands as a grand example of ancient Indian architecture. It is known for its blend of Rajput and Hindu style of architecture and mixture of Hindu and Muslim style of ornamentation. The carvings on the ceiling and the walls are extraordinary features of this fort. There are many paintings of ancient hunting styles, portrait of important Rajput rulers and others. There are a series of gates in the fort and each one has a unique structure and architectural element to enjoy.You can find many buildings inside the fort including Diwan-e-Aam, SukhMandir, Sheesh Mahal and others.
The fort is located 11 km from the city of Jaipur. The fort is opened to visitation from 9 in the morning till 6 in the evening. For more details about visitation hours, contact, 0141-2530293.
Elephant ride is available from morning 9:30 till afternoon 1:00. The light show in Hindi starts from 8 in the evening and the English light show starts from 7:30 in the evening.
Entrance Fee and Charges
- Foreigner – INR 550 per person
- Foreign Students – INR 100 per person
- Indians – INR 50 per person
- Indian Students – INR 10 rupees per person
- Light Show in English – INR 200 per person
- Light Show in Hindi – INR 100 per person
- Elephant Ride – INR 1100 Single or per